Hello, I have a problem with very low voices in audio (games, movies, music)
The problem: Voice is very low in MP3, Some Games and most (streaming) video - often garbled with digital noise as well, but voice is always low. When playin music, it sounds like the singer is deep in a concrete stairwell, far from the rest of the band. In games, dialogue is unhearable and in many movies also.
I positively know that MP3 playback is affected and also Mpeg4 h264 video sound, but playback of other formats may be affected too.
Have a look / listen at this example - it doesn't matter the language is foreign to you, since you can't hear it anyway...:
(btw - I know the driver in the video is older, but that was one of the many failed fixes. Newest or older drives give the same result as in the video).
I have tried all the simple fixes suggested on this and a host of other fora.
- Adjusting Ac3 filter settings to stereo speakers
- Installing new codecs
- Removing all codecs
- Installing K-lite codec pack at trying to fix the issue with codec-tweaker
- Disabling sound devices
- Removing and reinstalling drivers, even trying older drivers
- Using different headphones, to see if they work
- Toggled Front audio connection detection
- Checked all properties and settings of the speakers and disabled and/or tweaked Enhancements
- I even fiddled with what codecs should handle what formats via codec-tweaker, but didnt strike gold
I am at a loss here, having spent 20+ hours searching and applying fixes and I need som advanced help. It is not a problem that can be fixed with toggling a simple setting in the sound/speaker properties.
It seem to be an issue that has become widespread since SP1, but I don't know for sure and I am not sure how long this problem has been affecting me, but it is more like a month or two, than the whole year since SP1 rolled out.
I have Windows 7 SP 1, Gigabyte x48 D6Q motherboard, Realtek HD Audio (onboard), external Logitech Sound Card (yes, I have tried disabling each to see if they mess eachother up) and headphones.
Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.