I seem to have done mistake by doing the reformat of my toshiba c660 laptop.
It wasnt that I intended to do intentionally, I did because I tried to install NetProtector antivirus in my laptop and the dealer of antivirus told me that I need to format my system, as the antivirus couldnot be installed. I asked him to format my computer
but he told me to bring 4 days later. I have windows 7 installer dvd and thot of formating myself and I did my to my unluck it got failed and only display a black screen Please Please Please, help me to recover my system.
Toshiba laptops from mid 2007 onwards dont have a recovery disc supplied with a purchase of a laptop. Instead, Toshiba has added a hidden partition on the hard drive which contains the same files on a recovery cd / dvd. For you, it is the partition named "Microsoft Windows Recovery Console".
To reinstall your laptop to the factory settings / "out of the box" settings, please follow these steps.
ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED ON YOUR HARD DRIVE IF YOU PROCEED. YOU WILL NEED TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE POWER ADAPTER PLUGGED IN. DO NOT SWITCH OFF OR RESTART YOUR COMPUTER DURING THIS PROCESS.
1) Hold down the power button for 10 (ten) seconds to switch off your machine.
Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.
2) Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook.
3) When the machine Starts beeping; release the 0 key.
4) When prompted by the warning screen; select Yes to continue with the system recovery.
5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software; click Next.
6) Select Recover to out-of-box state. Click Next again.