In addition to being a professional social network and source of talent for online recruitment, LinkedIn also allows you to optimize your company's visibility, your activity, and your professional experience. All this can be particularly well achieved by publishing articles. For this reason, we'll explain step by step below how to publish articles on LinkedIn and what the advantages are of doing so in order for you to get the most out of this platform.
How to write an article on LinkedIn?
- The simplest and fastest way to publish a paper on LinkedIn is through its internal publishing platform. To access it, log in to your account, click on Home, and in the window that opens, click on the Write an article button.
- A new publishing window will open in which you will see a top menu with configuration tools for your text (size, font, etc). Below that, you will see a space where you can add one or more images by clicking on the + symbol, and at the bottom of the window, there is a box to write your headline and fill in the text. To finish, click on the Publish button.
Note: Although you can edit your posts at any time, we recommend that you check all details thoroughly before publishing your article as all your followers will be notified every time you publish, so it is best that they see the clean and final content.
- Writing your article directly in the LinkedIn tool is very easy and fast, however, the content will only be visible within the social network. If this seems limited to you, read on for some other publishing options.
How to share an article published on another platform?
If you have content posted on your website, blog, or another social network such as Facebook, you can also post it on your LinkedIn profile to add to your experience and popularity.
To do this click on Home and in the box that opens to make your new post, copy the link of the content you want to share and you’re good to go! LinkedIn takes into account the metadata of the article and the image to share, like other social networks such as Facebook do, so you will see the predefined image and headline.
In each post, you can include a text to accompany the link to the article published in another platform. The text is limited to 400 signs and can include mentions (names of other professionals, companies, etc.).
The advantage of this method is that it is very quick, although they will be classified in your profile as published posts and not as your own articles. In principle, the user will not be able to know at first glance if it is content that you share because you find it relevant (as is often done on social networks) or if it is a product of your own creation. In addition, newer more recent posts are prioritized, so some relevant but long-published articles may be less visible. Therefore, pay attention to carefully select articles that you want visible and how you want to build your profile.
Note: Sharing from the home page will be limited to the LinkedIn network, duplicated on Twitter only if your LinkedIn account has been linked or even made public (accessible to all members).
How to share content from your website?
It’s possible to automatically share an article as soon as it is published on your own blog or company website. To do this, you must use tools specific to each content management system.
Some platforms, such as Hootsuite, also offer automated sharing.
Note: Opt for a social tool that allows you to add a short description in order to customize the sharing and adapt it to the relevant social network.
What about LinkedIn influencers?
LinkedIn has created an Influencer tool that allows certain users to write their own articles and gain more publicity. Previously, only certain personalities chosen by LinkedIn and deemed popular enough both because of their generated traffic and the relevance of their publications, could be considered influencers.
All influencers, including people like Bill Gates, have a tag next to their name on their LinkedIn profiles.
Although until recently it was a real challenge to become an influencer, the social network has decided to change its conditions and grant access to this Influencer option to all users, so that everyone can publish through it. This does not mean that the person will directly become an 'influencer', merely that they will be able to try out this LinkedIn tool. If an article engages readers and is highlighted by LinkedIn, any professional or company can become an influencer on a specific network or domain.
- Advantages: Preferential positioning on Google, possible positioning as an influential leader on specific topics, and the possibility of releasing your content to your subscribers.
- Disadvantages: Content is present only on LinkedIn and not on the website itself, and the risk of less visible content when the platform is open to all members.
Why use LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is the leading social network for professional interaction. It is one of the 5 most used social networks in the world and has more than 300 million users. The two main uses of LinkedIn as described by its direct competitor Viadeo, are
- Online recruitment allows contact between recruiters and applicants. Many people are currently looking for jobs.
- Huge arena of digital communication for companies. This is an area in which LinkedIn would like to progress further. An opportunity for companies to make themselves known, demonstrate their expertise to their followers and the general public and support their business activity. In addition, companies can communicate about their activities and improve their presence on the web.
For anyone to position themselves at the 'expert' level, publishing content in the form of articles is a good way to achieve this.
Why publish content on LinkedIn?
Publishing an article on LinkedIn has several advantages including:
- The social network is ideal for B to B relationships.
- Groups allow you to keep informed of influential topics about your activity or that of your clients.
- Customer or potential customer profiles and business pages provide valuable information to companies.
- There are many ways to get in touch: you can find out who viewed your profile, send invitations and discover potential customers in the different groups.
- LinkedIn has its own statistics tool so that you can track the dissemination of your publications and the popularity of your profile.
- "publish your article in rss format for other websites to syndicate"
- "publish your article in rss format for other websites to syndicate" read more
- How to publish an article on linkedin
- Including CCM RSS Feeds on Your Website
- Re; the article on Ajax [solved] > Forum - Programming
- Publisher? [solved] > Forum - Office Software
- Publisher [solved] > Forum - Office Software
- Micorsoft publisher [solved] > Forum - Software
- How to improve your LinkedIn profile in 2022?
- LinkedIn Learning: courses, cost, certificates
- How to add your name pronunciation on LinkedIn
- What are degrees of connections on LinkedIn?
- Block a member on Linkedin