Video will only play with audio

Closed
BDylan - Feb 8, 2012 at 05:01 PM
vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 - Feb 8, 2012 at 06:20 PM
Hello,

My computer battery recently ran out with my ex-HD plugged in. When I rebooted, most files on my ex-HD/computer are fine (audio and photos) however, films now only play with audio and a singular frame. Please help! These are family videos that are on my laptop and backed up on my ex-HD but nothing seems to be working. Tried windows media and VCL player but no luck. Just wondering if I'm missing some settings? Had a look but couldn't figure it out.

Has my HD crashed? I use AVG anti virus software.

Thanks!

Related:

1 response

vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 38
Feb 8, 2012 at 06:20 PM
Hi.

I personally keep my external HD from western digital plugged in and my battery dies all the time (forced shutdown) and i have NEVER experienced this, so i doubt that could be the cause.

Try playing these files off the same HD on another computer. Try another player, i.e Media Player Classic or GOM Player (both available from ninite.com and filehippo.com)

If nothing, you can try converting them to another format with Any Video Converter.

https://download.cnet.com/Any-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-10661456.html

Good luck.