How to use this website and where to find it

Closed
dan_the_tax_man Posts 7 Registration date Monday February 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009 - Feb 3, 2009 at 03:24 PM
dan_the_tax_man Posts 7 Registration date Monday February 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009 - Feb 4, 2009 at 10:02 AM
Hello,
where do you post your questions.. im still waiting for help on my active x error message when i access another website. please help asap. can someone explain to me how this website works. and how to get answers and where to find them. thank you

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 3, 2009 at 05:11 PM
I could not find any active X posting. The first thing you should do with Active X errors is reset security

ActiveX errors are caused by certain browser settings and miss-configured system files. To fix the problem, please adjust the settings in Internet Explorer by following the steps below:

1. Click the Tools menu at the top of your browser, and select Internet Options.
2. Click the Security tab at the top of the dialogue box, and set Medium as the Security level for this zone.
3. Click Custom Level button and ensure that the following are set to Enabled:
* Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins
* Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting
* Scripting
4. Click OK after these settings are enabled.
5. Click OK again to save your changes.
6. Log in to Gmail again.

If your browser was already set correctly, it's likely that you have a miss-configured system file. Here's how to reset the system file to the default settings:

1. Click the Start button in Windows.
2. Select Run.
3. Enter regsvr32 msxml3.dll in the Open: field, and click OK.

After a moment, a dialogue box notifies you that the file was properly reset. Click OK in the dialogue box to exit.
dan_the_tax_man Posts 7 Registration date Monday February 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009
Feb 3, 2009 at 07:00 PM
hi. thanks. some new problems. my settings that i choose on internet options security dont save. i still cant access the stuff i want to. it take longer for yahoo to open. what else do you suggest? this site keeps freeziing up. how do you change font to black on here.
dan_the_tax_man Posts 7 Registration date Monday February 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009
Feb 4, 2009 at 10:02 AM
netbios over tcpip is disabled
windows xp internet explorer 7.0
i have a good ip address
what do i do now?
when do u have to reset tcpip?
i get a file that wants to open called us.pdf i dont open it. i cancel it when it appears
still have some jumping around on browser to different sites.
running mcaffee right now to capture anything else.
cant run videos on websites redirects me to ads instead.