I can't get a webpage that I could before.

Solved/Closed
bluemoonraker - Feb 24, 2012 at 05:41 PM
 bluemoonraker - Mar 2, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Hello, I have an old windows 2005 xp and I have been using a website for quite awhile and now I can't get on; a get an error message no matter what browser I use. I have tried everything from reset my router to messing with tools options. My provider wants me to sign up for tech support with a fee. I just wonder if there is something I could do. I would appreciate any layman advice you could give. Thank you.

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 24, 2012 at 06:35 PM
Other web sites work OK?

Why don't you think it's the web site and not your computer?
bluemoonraker
Feb 24, 2012 at 07:55 PM
Well, I have been in contact with the folks from this website, www.quill&parchment.com and they can't find anything, although other people have had this happen to them at times but not always. Just reading some of the things on your forum makes me wonder if it might be a provider problem.
bluemoonraker
Mar 2, 2012 at 11:34 AM
turns out after all the head scratching, It turns out I had a virus. This happened to me almost a year ago. Which I just missed my anniversary date with my warranty with Dell (how convenient) and it has been fixed. I was told my the tech that this is a common problem with Microsoft products, due to so many users. I am breaking down and getting a new Mac asap.
Thanks, for the help.