I installed my sound card driver and it shows

Closed
Nishant - Mar 1, 2012 at 08:07 AM
 Nishant - Mar 4, 2012 at 01:07 AM
Hello,
i bought a pci new sound car, inserted into the system and it said new pci sound card found and i had realtek audio driver for windows 97..it got installed automatically and worked just fine but then when i formateed it..installed the sound card driver it said MULTIMEDIA AUDIO CONTROLLER found in the device manager in other menu with a \question mark..
pls help
windows xp
1gb ram
pentium 4 2.4gh processor

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 1, 2012 at 03:17 PM
I don't understand your problem.

Did you re-install Windows (formatted?) and now the sound card doesn't work? Then, you must re-install the sound card drivers also. The sound card should have come with a CD. Otherwise you can download "SlimDrivers" (a free utility) that will find, download and install all the up-to-date drivers for your system. Just Google the name for a download location.

The term "format" is misused. You can format a hard drive. But, you can't format a computer. People say format when they mean install an Operating System (like Windows).

Good Luck
i mean i bought a new sound card installed it..and the computer read it as a pci device and then i installed realtek audio driver and it worked perfetly but due to virus i re-installed windows and then in device manager it said multimedia audio controller found even when i installed the same driver the one which worked earlier perfectly fine.
friend, there is no point of installing the driver because the computer is reading the soundcard as a MULTIMEDIA AUDIO CONTROLLER instead of PCI DEVICE like earlier when it worked