My PS3 has no sound? [Solved/Closed]

- Mar 28, 2011 at 05:04 AM - Latest reply:  Shanmuga
- Apr 12, 2018 at 03:18 PM
Hello,

Since we moved to Malaysia, I've been having though time with my PS3, I have picture, but no sound. All cables are in tact. What should I do..? Please someone HELP!!!!!

See more 

40 replies

Best answer
Registration date
Thursday August 19, 2010
Status
Last seen
August 3, 2016
- Mar 30, 2011 at 09:02 AM
Thank you
Greetings,

After doing some searches, I find that:

From the PS3 main menu:

1. Settings->Sound Settings->Audio Output Settings

2. Change it from HDMI to Digital Out (Optical). I do NOT have optical hooked up on my PS3, so if you have it hooked up, you may want to unhook it.. probably shouldn't matter.

3. I left what was defaulted: "Linear PCM 2 Ch. 44.1 kHz" and 48kHz

4. Right on the D pad (X selects/unselects options) to move to the next screen.

5. A confirmation page, hit X to Enter, saving the changes.

6. Start up a game, you shouldn't hear any sound (as expected)

7. Exit the game, then go back to Audio Output Settings and switch back to HDMI. I selected "Automatic" for "method for setting the output format."

8. A confirmation page, hit X to Enter, saving the changes.

9. Start up a game, you should now hear audio with your game (once again). The problem is most likely caused from having switched your PS3 to a different TV for a period of time.

Hope that I will work for you

Regards.

If you don't know where you go, get back where you come.....

Thank you, bionik 158

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1686 users this month

wow this actually work thank you very much
This actually worked! Thank you! I spent so much time trying over and over again with different suggestions from different people and this is the only thing that worked
Thanks. It REALLY worked. Amazing!!
Marvelous! I thought I'd had a waste of money when the sound wouldn't come on. Followed this step by step and IT WORKED! *Smiles for miles*
My PS3 reset and how is IP address DNS not save it all the connecting
Thank you
Unplugging the tv from power and replugging it again helped me. The rest of the suggested things (except waiting a day, causee this happened to me for the second time) Didnt work for me. I have a Sharp tv and a ps3 slim 500gb
Thank you
Awesome!
Thankyou!!!
Thank you
Yep, worked. Thanks!
Thank you
I honestly thought this wasn't going to work as it just sounds crazy. But it actually did work for me :D

Thanks man!