No Sound Device

Closed
jean - Feb 29, 2012 at 06:15 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Hello,

I am running Windows XP and recently had to undergo a complete system reinstall, had the system wiped. Now that I have reinstalled Windows, my computer won't recognize my sound devices. I have an E-Machine T3103. I went to the website for that computer model, and downloaded the Audio Realtek Driver..but, it's sitting on my desk top now, and my computer still has no sound.

I know virtually nothing about computers, and am asking you all for step by step very clear advice here..I need my sound after going three weeks without a computer while my friend was "fixing it"..and am now finding it has brand NEW issues as soon as I get it back. I'm losing my mind. Help!

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM
after downloading the driver did you install it?

If the download file is an "exe" file you can just double click it. If the downloaded file is a "zip" file then you will need first to expand the zip file. Then you can double click the expanded exe file to install it.

Good Luck