Aspireone D255 total black-out

Closed
Ress - Apr 27, 2012 at 02:56 AM
painking Posts 3 Registration date Saturday April 28, 2012 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2012 - Apr 28, 2012 at 01:59 PM
Hello,

My notebook is in total black-out, no pictures, no nothing at all. But the power is on, in blue color.The last thing i did was shutdown my notebook using ctrl/alt/del. Now I cannot open it totally. Pls. help. Thanks

Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Apr 27, 2012 at 04:27 AM
Hello,

Is the fan running?
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. The fan is not running.
What am I going to do next?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Apr 28, 2012 at 04:18 AM
Hi Rees,

Open your task manager (alt+ctrl+del), click new task, type explorer.exe to create the task.

Let me know
painking Posts 3 Registration date Saturday April 28, 2012 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2012
Apr 28, 2012 at 01:59 PM
Q. What causes black screen?
A. Power problem
If the laptop is being run on battery the first thing to go is the scren, but as you have tried with the AC plugged in, then this could not be the case.
B. Software problems
If the laptop is able to get past BIOS but not get past windows then it is a driver issue or the resolution, but this is not the case for you.
C. Hardware problems
Hardware 1:
If the LCD Screen is faulty their will be no display - plausible in your case
Hardware 2:
If the inverter in your laptop is faulty, their will be no display - plausible
Hardware 3:
If LCD Cable connecting mobo to LCD Display is faulty their may be no display or random vertical lines going through it - possible but highly unlikely
Hardware 4:
Faulty Graphics card, if computer is not serviced annually, a collection of dust can build up in computer, also this special paste that helps the laptop to dissipate the heat turns grey and no longer dissipates as good, causing the GPU to overheat which may lead to a dead Graphics card - in your case probably the cause
Hardware 5:
Faulty mobo, this is not probably in your case as the power indicators come on.
Hardware 6:
Faulty RAM.

Try the following
Step 1.
Try removing harddrive, all cables (except AC cable), remove battery, CD Drive, and one stick of RAM
Step 2.
turn on laptop, if display still does not work, try doing step 1 but swith the RAM's i.e. put the one you took out in and the one you put in take out.
Step 3.
i)
If step 1 resolves your problem, try placing RAM stick back in.
ii)
if Step 2 resolves your problem, place everything back in laptop except the stick of RAM currently out.
Step 4.
If Step 3 (i) causes the problem to reoccur, take RAM back out and replace with a new RAM stick as RAM is faulty. However if Step 3 (i) does not cause a reoccurance, keep putting parts back in one by one restarting each time, until you have found the cause of the problem.

Also try turning off computer, plugging it out and removing battery and press and hold power button for 30sec to 2 minutes.

If the problem is no resolved by following the above steps, let me know and we shall continue to find a resolution