I could really really use some help.

Closed
Alkuma - May 20, 2012 at 06:00 PM
 Alkuma - May 27, 2012 at 01:17 PM
Hi,
So, when my brother left home he gave me his three year old Dell Inspiron 530. And for the past few months it's been running amazingly. Then yesterday morning I got out of bed and went to get on it. And when I turned on the monitor it wouldn't come out of sleep mode. I always keep it in sleep mode when I go to sleep so that Virus scans and other misc. things will activate. Anyways, so I looked at the tower and the power button instead of being it's normal blue was and orange or an amber color. So I hit the power button and turned it back on. And right away, it went back to being in sleep mode. So I turned on my laptop and googled what could have done this, and for the past two days I have done a series of test. Nothing has worked so far. (Note: I have reset my ram, made sure my small internal batter worked.) So it starts in sleep mode, and the fans work for about a second before they turn off as well. And anyone has any suggestions I implore you to tell me. Thank you very much for any and all advice.

2 responses

infinityelectronix
May 21, 2012 at 05:03 PM
If you have Windows Vista, it could be some sort of patch for the BIOS or for your version of the OS.
If you happen to have an extra pc around, take out that PSU and hook it up to the DELL 530 and see if it's a PSU issue. Look for any bulging capacitors (they might have black or brown residue on them) on the motherboard. If you have any of those, try replacing them (if you know how to solder it shouldn't be a big job).

Could either be bad PSU or MoBo.

Good luck!
Wouldn't work no matter what I did, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.