My Macbook ( Old Version) won't start!

Closed
bizdanny Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday June 12, 2012 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2012 - Jun 12, 2012 at 07:12 AM
bizdanny Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday June 12, 2012 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2012 - Jun 19, 2012 at 01:34 PM
Hello,

my name is Daniel Bizumuremyi from Rwanda.

I use a macbook old version white and last week I tried a tip that I got from here as I had lost my Mac DVD to reinstall the OS, I wanted to create a new admin account to get rid of the admin account that was on my mac the time I bought it and also it was a second hand.

The tip I got from here is

mount -uw/
rm/var/db/.AppleSetupDone
shutdown -h now

I tried this tip for several times but I fail and now my mac can't start. When I press the power button I hear a chime sound as usual for a normal working computer, the logo screen appear ( Apple Logo), the loader image also but then after a while loading it restarts again and the same screen appear again and again. I mean it keeps restarting.

Before I try this tip the File Vault was activated in a manner I do not know until now and I could not enter the old account as before dough I was also unable to install applications because of admin password bu at least I could work with my computer.

Help Me! What can I do? Is there anyway to fix that or I will have to my HDD? which is also difficult to get in the place I live.

Thanks!

Danny

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 12, 2012 at 07:01 PM
At this point you will need to get a copy of the Apple DVD with the correct version of the Mac OS.

Good Luck
bizdanny Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday June 12, 2012 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 at 01:34 PM
Thanks Xpcman,

Now I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and it is working fine unless some keys which don't work as on a mac running Mac Os X.

though, I still wonder if there is a way to run a DMG file in windows. I have Mac Os X Snow Leopard but as I already installed windows I am unable to run the DMG file.

What can I do?

Thanks!

Danny