If you would like to use a vertical bar character (|) or "pipe" symbol in the place of a slash on your Mac, the process could not be easier or more straightforward. This article will show you how to do so.
How to make the pipe symbol ( | ) on Mac?
If your Mac Magic Keyboard does not have the Pipe Key, like the keyboard pictured below, then there is a shortcut for print the pipe character or symbol available on Mac computers. Making a pipe on a Mac is possible by pressing a combination of keys together. Thus, a direct key is not needed for printing the pipe symbol on a Mac.
It is not immediately obvious on some Mac keyboards how to type the pipe character: |. The following key combination should achieve this:
Alt + Shift + L
How to find the Pipe key?
If you have one of the Mac keyboards which has the Pipe Key ( | ) on it, then it is much easier to use frequently, however it may not be immediately obvious how to access it.
As you can see in this image, the Pipe Key is located on the right side of the keyboard. To use it, you will need to hold shift and then press the key with the Pipe Symbol simultaneously.
- Pipe symbol mac
- Pipe mac
- Pipe mac keyboard
- Tilde symbol mac > Guide
- Backslash symbol mac > Guide
- How to insert brackets and curly braces on Mac keyboard? > Guide
- Insert a check mark in Word document: Mac, Windows, shortcut > Guide
- Keyboard Problem. '@' at key (Shift 2) not working [solved] > Forum - Keyboard
- How to type @ on keyboard: Mac, Windows, laptop
- Type 'E' with an acute accent: on Mac, Windows, in Word
- Keyboard won't type letters or numbers: wireless, laptop
- Fix reversed Caps Lock key: on Windows, Mac
- How to fix your keyboard typing numbers instead of letters?
- Fix keyboard using shortcuts: Windows 10/8/7
- QWERTY vs AZERTY keyboards: change layout, quickly switch
- Fix laptop keys: CTRL, Fn, Num Pad
- Enable the on-screen keyboard: Ubuntu, Mac, Windows, Android
- Shift key not working correctly: on Windows or Mac
- Mac numpad: keyboard, shortcuts, emulator
- Type accented uppercase letters: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- Disable foreign keyboard: on Windows, Mac, Chromebook
- Type the π (pi) sign: in Excel, Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- A key types the wrong sign: how to fix?
- Backspace not working in Word: 365, 2016
- Keyboard shortcuts to change language: on Windows, Mac
- Acer function keys not working Windows 10
- Type an underscore sign: Android, Windows, Mac, iPhone
- How to change keyboard language on Acer laptop