Some keyboards lack a dedicated key for the backslash, also known as reverse solidus [\] on a Mac keyboard. In this article we will show you how to enter the backslash on your Mac keyboard, with examples on QWERTY, QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboards.
How to enter backslash on keyboard?
The backslash is a computer keyboard key [\], not to be confused with a forward slash [/]. There are various keyboard remapping programs available on the internet to find the technique of creating a backslash for MacOS. They work with nearly all models of MacOS computers. There are various other keyboard combinations for Mac users all over the world due to its global usage, ultimately it depends on your keyboard layout. Some keyboard layouts have the backslash key on its own key, others don't. On most keyboards, it is a variation of the forward slash / key. For example: Alt + Shift + /
Backslash on Mac: UK Keyboard (QWERTY)
On UK, QWERTY, keyboards the backslash \ has its own designated key. All you need to do is press the backslash key and you will type a backslash.
Backslash on Mac: German / Swiss Keyboard (QWERTZ)
On German and Swiss QWERTZ keyboards, you need to press option + shift + 7. Option can also be referred to as alt, so another variation would be alt + shift + 7.
Backslash on Mac: French Keyboard (AZERTY)
On French, AZERTY, keyboards, you need to press option + shift + /. Option can also be referred to as alt, so another variation would be alt + shift + /.
Need more help with your Mac? Check out our Forum!
- Backslash mac
- Mac backslash
- Backslash on keyboard
- Windows media player for mac > Download
- Mac mini m1x release date > Guide
- Infuse 6 mac download > Download
- Dns probe finished no internet mac [solved] > Forum - MacOS
- How to reinstall mac os without disc > Guide
- How to type @ on keyboard: Mac, Windows, laptop
- Type 'E' with an acute accent: on Mac, Windows, in Word
- How to type the pipe character on Mac?
- Keyboard won't type letters or numbers: wireless, laptop
- How to insert brackets and curly braces on Mac keyboard?
- Fix reversed Caps Lock key: on Windows, Mac
- How to fix your keyboard typing numbers instead of letters?
- Insert a tilde sign: on Mac, Windows
- Fix keyboard using shortcuts: Windows 10/8/7
- QWERTY vs AZERTY keyboards: change layout, quickly switch
- Fix laptop keys: CTRL, Fn, Num Pad
- Enable the on-screen keyboard: Ubuntu, Mac, Windows, Android
- Shift key not working correctly: on Windows or Mac
- Mac numpad: keyboard, shortcuts, emulator
- Type accented uppercase letters: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- Type the π (pi) sign: in Excel, Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- Disable foreign keyboard: on Windows, Mac, Chromebook
- A key types the wrong sign: how to fix?
- Backspace not working in Word: 365, 2016
- Keyboard shortcuts to change language: on Windows, Mac
- Acer function keys not working Windows 10
- Type an underscore sign: Android, Windows, Mac, iPhone
- How to change keyboard language on Acer laptop
- Insert key on keyboard: function, insertion, replacement