Looking for help w/.bat files for excel....

Closed
trublood fan Posts 2 Registration date Thursday July 19, 2012 Status Member Last seen July 22, 2012 - Jul 19, 2012 at 09:01 PM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Sep 15, 2012 at 07:28 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me in creating a .bat file for excel....I am needing to open an excel file at a certain time of the day (which I thought I would use the task sheduler)...then after a certain about of time the file will need to save what has been entered with a new file name (current date and time) in a folder, print and close....

I have gotten the file to open with task scheduler, but can not come up with the needed .bat file to save, print and close.....

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thx
Related:

2 responses

aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491
Jul 20, 2012 at 01:43 PM
Hello,

I don't know anything about bat file but an other solution is to use an other excel file containing a macro which will do what you want when it will open. And after, you just have to use this excel file to open with task scheduler.

Regards
"Pour trouver une solution à ses problèmes, il faut s'en donner la peine."
Hello,

Thx for the reply....I have tried this and being that I am new to vb I can not get it to work..... I have tried several different fuctions but nothing seems to work out....would you be so kind as to help and suggest something that would help
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Sep 15, 2012 at 07:28 AM
for save print etc, you can write a macro to do that. so on file open that macro can trigger, to print etc and then close