IS This a Scam?

Closed
bfluno Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday November 6, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2012 - Nov 6, 2012 at 06:56 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 7, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Hello,

(this is the email they sent me and i got a check and they said just to deposit it)

I just came about your Brief profile through an email listing, affiliated with the US Chamber of Commerce, I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding as my Personal Assistant.This position, I am offering is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that i may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings. As my Personal Assistant, your activities among other things will include:

Duties and Requirements:

*Scheduling programmer's, flights and keeping me up-to-date with them.
*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.
*Processing weekly check payment.
*Filing, Faxing, Creating and sending out letters, scanning documents, some personal assistant duties for owners, and many other
*Managing expenses and invoices

Basic wage is $600 Weekly

I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point. Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time work from home for now and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others. I would like to give you an immediate trial, so if you are interested kindly get back to me. As I have been checking my files and schedules and would need someone urgently to run some errands for me this week/next week, while I am away. I will have some funds sent to you to complete the errands and would get back to you with more information on that, get back to me with your Personal/Contact Details such as:

FULL NAMES:
ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
HOME PHONE #:
MOBILE PHONE#:
SEX:
EMAIL ADDRESS:
PRESENT JOB:
Nationality: ___________________________
Current Job: ____________________________

Are you eligible to work in the United States? Yes ____ No_____
If you are underage 18, do you have an employment/age certificate? Yes ___ No ___
How often do you check your email: ______________
Days/Hours Available: Hours Available: from _______ to ______
What date are you available to start work? ________________

If you're interested you can e-mail (info@mich-tech.net) for more information about the job.

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.
Yours Sincerely,

HR Dept.
Michael..
(856) 359-4366

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,830
Nov 6, 2012 at 08:41 PM
YES it is a scam
bfluno Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday November 6, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2012
Nov 6, 2012 at 08:43 PM
How do you know
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,830
Nov 7, 2012 at 12:05 PM
No American company can ask for "Nationality"