Black Screen

Closed
Aecker Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday December 18, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 18, 2012 - Dec 18, 2012 at 04:01 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Dec 19, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Hello,
I have a Fujitsu laptop and I use it everyday and it works perfectly fine. Today when I turned it on the screen is black. All of the lights are on and when I press num lock or Ctrl Alt Delete they come on. It makes regular noises when I press the space bar or letters but the screen is still black. Please help!
Thanks.

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 19, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Hi Aecker,

It could be a problem either with the graphics chip on the motherboard or the LCD panel. You can try below mentioned steps and isolate the faulty part:

1. Try to increase the brightness of the screen. Sometimes if the brightness is too low on certain LCD screens it appears as no video.
2. Try connecting an external monitor to the laptop and check if you can get regular video. If you get video on external monitor follow step 2 and 3 else follow step 4.
3. If you get normal video after connecting an external monitor to the Laptop, it indicates there is some problem with the LCD or any of its components. Take a technician's help and reseat the LCD cables once. You can refer to the service manual of your laptop to find instructions on how to reseat the LCD cables.
4. If after reseating the LCD cables the issue is not fixed it indicates the issue is with the LCD panel or the cable. Replace first the cable if the issue is not fixed replace the entire LCD panel.
5. If you do not get video on an external monitor in step 1, it indicates the graphics chip on the motherboard is not functional and would require you to replace the entire motherboard.

Note: Before you proceed with any parts replacement another step would be to reseat the Memory Modules in the machine as sometimes a Power On Self Test failure also appears as No Video.

Do reply with results.