Cannot connect to facebook website

Closed
albertcoppo Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday December 18, 2012 Status Member Last seen January 24, 2013 - Dec 19, 2012 at 12:20 AM
albertcoppo Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday December 18, 2012 Status Member Last seen January 24, 2013 - Jan 24, 2013 at 01:15 AM
Hello,
Thanks for taking the time to read this post!

I have not been able to connect to facebook from my computers for a week!!

I've seen some answers to this same problem posted here... don't know if they have worked for anybody, they didn't work for me.

I use Google Chrome but I have also tried with Internet Explorer and I get the same message, that they could not connect. I have cleaned the browsing data and empty the cache in both GC and IE... nada!! I have reset both the cable modem and router and rebooted my computers.... still no connection to fb.

I have a laptop and a workstation... I have the same problem with both!! However... (call me crazy) the other 3 computers in my house can reach facebook... my kids have no problem with it, so it doesn't seem to be the network.

I cannot reach fb if I use the https address (another suggested solution), however, I can reach it if I use the mobile address www.m.facebook.com, which means my account is still active!

All this tells me the problem might be in my computers... both have "Smart Fast PC" installed, which is a register cleaner and both had a cleaning performed shortly before I noticed the problem... Of course I hadn't put 2 and 2 together before I did another cleaning.... (and no register back up) so, if anybody can think of a solution, I will really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

2 responses

sylveths Posts 10 Registration date Wednesday January 23, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 at 01:09 AM
have you tried using the browser named Mozilla Firefox ? and kindly check if Facebook site is being blocked by your network..
albertcoppo Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday December 18, 2012 Status Member Last seen January 24, 2013
Jan 24, 2013 at 01:15 AM
Problem with Host file.... already fixed