Boot manager for vista

Closed
asekar Posts 1 Registration date Saturday December 29, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2012 - Dec 29, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Dec 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Hello,

I have a Dell inspiron laptop with vista home premium os. Recently I was working with a data recovery program called Testdisk on the data on a WD external hard drive and after I finished shut down the computer. When I tried to restart I got some flashing message about loading something, then got the screen with prompts for test memory, test system, and exit and every time I select exit, the computer switches off and restarts with the same screen for test prompt. Fortunately I had the original recovery CD and ran it. When I tried system repair I got the root cause found as Boot Manager is missing or corrupt and error code 0x15. Please let me know how I can restore the boot manager without losing all the data on my hard drive, which has the main C and a backup D partition.

When I tried to boot the system from the recovery CD it could not identify the resident system and asked to load some drivers which I was not able to understand.

Will the ultimate boot help?

Thanks

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Hi asekar,

If I am correct you are receiving the following error message:

Windows Error message "Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

To fix this try the below mentioned steps:

1. Insert Windows Vista installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer.
2. Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.
3. Select a language, a time and a currency, a keyboard or input method, and then click Next.
4. Click Repair your computer.
5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, select the drive of your Windows installation, and then click Next.
6. At the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Repair your computer.
7. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
8. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

Do reply with results.