My screen is black but the lights are working.

Closed
pereiraa Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday January 1, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 1, 2013 - Jan 1, 2013 at 03:17 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jan 3, 2013 at 02:25 AM
Hello

I have a Toshiba Satellite and for 2 months I'm having he same problem I turns my laptop and sometimes it goes completely blank the screen doesn't work although the light are on after some seconds of waiting the van start to like like crazy and do a loud sound.Some times after a week it turns on again and then when I turn it of the next time it doesn't turn again. It never fall down and I never drop anything on it.

I've tried already to unplug it and take battery and then turn it on after pressing the start button , I've press Fn and F5 and nothing... don't know what to do...I think he is dying =/ but it only have two years and half.

Thank you!

Pereira
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jan 3, 2013 at 02:25 AM
Hi pereiraa,

From the symptoms you mentioned it indicates that the Laptop might be overheating. Do you notice any signs of overheating apart from fans spinning high? If so, please try cleaning the air vents for the fans using a compressed air can.

It could also be an issue with the Video Card. Is the computer's display turning off during use of any particular games or application? If so, try updating the Video Drivers and check if the issue gets fixed.

Do reply with results.