Monitor displays no signal or displays nothing

Closed
ifhaam Posts 1 Registration date Friday December 28, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 28, 2012 - Dec 28, 2012 at 03:44 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Dec 30, 2012 at 04:44 AM
Hi guyz!
on the day before the problem took off I shut down my pc normally but on the following morning when I switched on my pc, 1st the monitor didn't display anythin but on pulling the monitor chord outta vga port and inserting it back & wiggling it the monitor displayed "no signal".I tried all the possible ways like reinserting the memory card,cleaning the sockets off dust,etc but the problem still persists.moreover, I don't have got any graphics card attached to my pc.So,anybody having some suggessions, please...

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 30, 2012 at 04:44 AM
Hi ifhaam,

Follow the steps below and see if this fixes the issue:

1. Try to reseat the monitor cables (both power and data cables).
2. If you don't get video in the above step, try this monitor with a different computer (if possible a friend's computer).
3. If the monitor can't display any video on the other computer as well the problem might be with the monitor itself. Do get in touch with the monitor's manufacturer or their website for model specific settings/troubleshooting.
4. Try a different monitor (if possible) with your computer. If the video is good on this monitor, this symptom also indicates some problem with the original monitor.
5. If the monitor works fine with other computer, check the monitor settings and the input mode (such as, VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc.).

If any of the above steps don't fix the problem, do reply with the Monitor's make (model), the Motherboard Model Number and Operating System and also any hardware/software changes you made recently to the computer.

Please do write back to us.