-
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
April 7, 2021
-
Hello,
NOTE:This is the second time iv had this black screen issue,i fixed it 1st time by booting into bios and it was automaticly fixed but this time i can't even boot into bios becose the screen is still black.
-The monitor not only has power but after a couple of seconds when i turn my PC on the light goes from yellow to blue,indicating that everything is connected properly.
-Im using HDVI converter that is new and should't be the issue
-PC is like 1 month old so i doubt theres any hardware problems
-Last time i remember to have updated my Windows 10/Drivers was week ago,this shoudn't be a problem
-The black screen happened when i was playing a game and then my screen froze and the sound started loudly buzzing,i expected a bluescreen but instead the monitor when black even though the lights were blue
-Fast startup is disabled becose it gave me some driver issues before.
-Power saving settings are set to fast last time i checked.
-I tried booting into BIOS using DEL key,and all F1-F12 keys,the screen was still black.
-I tried to use my second monitor,it's the same issue where screen is black but after a couple seconds of booting PC the light on monitor power buttom goes blue.
-The monitor works becose i can use things like menu buttoms on it and changing themes/sceneries,i even tried reseting the settings in that monitor menu,but didn't help.
-Im using latest version of Windows 10
-I use driver booster to update my drivers.

2 replies

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
April 7, 2021
Hi

What is the make and model of your PC?
Registration date
Wednesday August 15, 2018
Status
Last seen
August 25, 2018

ASUS68-K
Nvidia GeForce 1050 X
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
April 7, 2021
I assume this is a self built computer.

I suggest that you try a different video card.
Registration date
Wednesday August 15, 2018
Status
Last seen
August 25, 2018

After talking with technician he confirmed that problem lies in graphic card,thankfully the company i bought it for will repair it/replace as part of contract.Too bad this issue could't be fixed with some tricks.
So if anyone is having this issue where monitor is turned on and has blue light i suggest you check your graphics card.This isn't a software issue.
Thank you.
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
April 7, 2021
Thank you for your feedback

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!