Is it issue in RAM?

Closed
Number 22 Posts 2 Registration date Monday January 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 14, 2013 - Jan 14, 2013 at 02:15 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jan 15, 2013 at 01:05 AM
Hello,
My Desklop going to stucking stage after 10 mins of turning-on it.I removed my Ram and insert it again that time it works ,again after 2 to 3 mins it going back to same stage.If i restart my system in that time power will be on, no signal will pass to the monitor,there will not be any blinking in my CPU's red light.But it wiil work for two to three mins if i reinserted my RAM again.Kindly advise what will be the problem?
Related:

2 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jan 14, 2013 at 02:59 AM
Hi Number 22,

This could be hardware or software issue. As you mentioned, you tried to isolate the issue by removing the RAM from the machine. That was a useful step indeed. I would recommend a few more troubleshooting steps before we arrive at any conclusion. Try to run the computer in "Safe Mode". To start the computer in "Safe Mode" start tapping the F8 key, as soon as the computer starts or when the BIOS screen appears. Once the "Advanced Boot Options" appears select "Safe Mode". If the computer boots to Windows in Safe Mode and stays on, it indicates the computer does have some software problem. If the problem happens in the Safe Mode as well this is indicative of a Hardware Failure or the Windows Operating System has gone corrupt.

Do reply with results.
Number 22 Posts 2 Registration date Monday January 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 14, 2013
Jan 14, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I tried with the above direction, it seems that in safemode also issue is there.Is any method is available to confirm whether it is ahardware related or software related?
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jan 15, 2013 at 01:05 AM
Hi Number 22,

Sometimes this happens because of overheating. Please check if your computer exhibits any signs of overheating such as the fan spinning at a higher speed or there is a noise from the CPU fan. If the computer exhibits any of these symptoms please follow these basic steps mentioned below:

1. Clean the air vents of the fans using a compressed air can or a blower.
2. Update the BIOS. (Note: Plug your computer to a good, working UPS before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to buy a new BIOS chip or buy a new motherboard.)
3. If the noise is not reduced, run the diagnostics provided by the computer manufacturer.
4. If the diagnostics fails replace the fans.
5. If the diagnostics passes and still the noise is abnormal it indicates a mechanical failure with the fan. Do replace the fan in this condition as well.

Do reply with results.