We have been trying to get our old windows xp up and running again and it has had an internet connection problem for quite a while. I am try the reset listed a long time ago on this site if it does not work any other advice? Possibly install a newer updated driver for network connections?
If you need the drivers for the network card, kindly reply with the Device Instance ID of the Network Card in your computer. To get the Device Instance ID:
1. Right click the Computer icon on the Desktop.
2. Select Manage.
3. Select Device Manager under Computer Management from the left pane.
4. Then expand "Network Adapter" from right pane.
5. Right click the Device listed.
6. Click Properties.
7. Go to the Details tab, and then select Device Instance Id from the drop down list.
8. Make a note of this Device Instance ID.