It's urgent please

Closed
sara akram Posts 1 Registration date Friday March 29, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 29, 2013 - Mar 29, 2013 at 09:34 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 29, 2013 at 02:21 PM
Hello,
Does any one can help me? I have met a problem, all my icons of the program listed on the desktop have change to igoogle chrome icons. I don't know why. I have know ideas to deal with this problem. Please help!! Thanks in advance.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 29, 2013 at 02:21 PM
You can perform a system restore to undo system changes to your computer without effecting your personal files, such as email, documents, or photos.

Follow these steps to restore your computer to an earlier point in time:

To restore system files and settings using a recommended restore point:

1. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore.
If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. Click Recommended restore, and then click Next.
If there isn't a recommended restore point, follow the steps below to choose a specific restore point.
3. Review the restore point, and then click Finish.

To restore system files and settings using a specific restore point

1. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore.
If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. Do one of the following:
* If there is a recommended restore point, click Choose a different restore point, and then click Next.
* If there isn't a recommended restore point, click Next.

3. Click the restore point that you want, and then click Next.
To view the programs and drivers that will be affected (which could include programs that will be deleted), click Scan for affected programs.
4. Review the restore point, and then click Finish.

Then you should run a virus scan to see if there is a virus program that modified the Windows registry.

Good Luck