Clogged yellow printhead Brother Printer MFC J615W

Closed
khoey1 Posts 1 Registration date Monday April 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 16, 2013 - Apr 16, 2013 at 04:47 PM
MorrisA Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday February 3, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2016 - Feb 3, 2016 at 05:18 AM
Hello Members,
Can anyone help me with this problem?
How do I clean a clogged printhead?
I have a Brother MFC J615W.
Only the yellow is clogged.
It is completely clogged.
The black, cyan and magenta are just fine.
I have cleaned ithe printer multiple times and also
went into Maintenance Mode and did a Power Purge as per
Brother's advice. Nothing!!!
HELP! I just don't know where to go from here.
Is there a way to inject alcohol or windex into the yellow port to unclog it?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Related:

4 responses

Have a look at this site for info - it may help

http://www.inkmagic.com/shopcontent.asp?
type=Unclog_Brother_Inkjet_Printhead_Nozzles
MorrisA Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday February 3, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2016 1
Feb 3, 2016 at 05:18 AM
This is what I did to clean the Brothers' print head. As you cannot remove this print head I added cleaning solution from my refill kit to the sponge on the left side. After the printhead passed through here a few times from turning the printer on and off the sponge got black. By opening the cover each time I would place a piece of paper towel on the sponge and with pencil I pushed the towel into the sponge to clean it off. Be very careful not to damage the thin clear and metal strips that are near by which I think move with the print head. I was also having trouble with my yellow cartridge which would just print light green. I stopped using the cleaning menu on the printer which would waste a lot of ink from the other cartridges. Turning the printer on and off seems to do some cleaning and passes the print head over the sponge. I found a yellow sheet from my wife's scrapbook stuff and made about 2 or 3 coloured copies. Each time I would go through the routine of cleaning the sponge and adding a few drops of my blue cleaning solution, just where I could see the yellow coloured strip on the sponge. I really like their method of cartridge ink levels that are shown on the screen and also full when refilled.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Apr 16, 2013 at 04:59 PM
Hello,

I suggest that:

You take out the cartridge and gently clean the ink off with a soft cloth.
Inject a bit of isopropyl alcohol directly in the port on the printhead and let it sit for 20 minutes. Run a cleaning cycle and do a test print. If it helps, but does not clear it, print an entire sheet with yellow. You can google "yellow printer target".

If you are still not getting a perfect result, repeat the alcohol cleaning, making sure to let it sit to dissolve the ink.

You have to have a bit of ingenuity to inject the cleaner. Use a hypodermic and small tube, or an anti-freeze tester or similar mechanism to pump in the alcohol. This usually works.
I have the same problem, this is what I do.
Position the printhead in the middle of the slider
The trick copy of any object.
at half the process, unplug the power Sourge.
prepare a paper towel that has been wet with alcohol or cleaning,
wipe the printhead with a paper towel.
wipe up a few times.
once is enough to clean the printhead in a position to return home
Restart the printer.
do cleaning
do ink-aligntment
completed.
May be useful
U can send me sms in +6deleted by moderator