Disable print spooler: on Windows 7, 10, 11
Print Spooler is a service that manages your printing devices connected to the computer. It retrieves the location of the print driver, schedules printing etc. If you don't use a printer and don't plan on using one, you can turn off this function to gain more productivity and internal memory for your computer.
How to disable Print Spooler on Windows 7?
To disable the Print Spooler service (in case you never use a printer), on Windows 7, follow these steps:
1) Click on Start button and type services.msc in the search field.
2) Then, press Enter.
3) In the Services window, look for the following entry: Print Spooler.
4) Double click on it and set the Startup type as Disabled.
5) Finally, click OK to validate.
How to turn off Print Spooler on Windows 10/11?
- Open Run.
cmdand then press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER to in admin mode.
In the command prompt window, type the command:
net stop spooler
Press Enter and close the cmd window.
- Stop print spooler
- Printer spooler
- Spooler printer
- Print nightmare fix > Guide
- Hp universal print driver > Download - Drivers
- How to print from mobile without wifi printer > Guide
- Print 1 11 111 in c [solved] > Programming Forum
- How to print a5 on a4 > Guide