Virtual memory can be found in the file named PageFile.sys. It is important to clean it regularly to avoid risk of crash or error message. This article will show you how.
To clean virtual memory:
Open "run" and type regedit
- Search for HKey_Local_Machine/System/Current Control Set/Control/Session Manager/Memory Management
- Right click on ClearPageFile At Shutdown and put value to "1"
- This will clear your virtual memory each time you shutdown your computer
More memory questions? Check out our forum!
- How to clear virtual memory windows 10
- Clear virtual memory windows 10
- How to delete virtual memory windows 10
- Reset virtual memory windows 10 > Guide
- Clear RAM on Windows: via cmd, shortcut, without rebooting > Guide
- How to increase cache memory in Windows: 10, 8, 7 > Guide
- Ram Issue with Windows 10 [solved] > Forum - Hardware
- I/O error status of 0x000009c > Forum - Windows 10
- Change file creation date: on Windows, Mac
- How to stop HP laptop from sleeping when closing lid
- Laptop whistling noise: fan, HP, Dell
- Where to download 4K wallpapers: on PC, Mac, mobile devices
- How to mine Bitcoin: on PC, at home, on laptop, for free
- Acer Recovery Management: Windows 10, tool download
- Dell Inspiron webcam driver: download, for Windows 10
- Acer laptop disconnects from Wi-Fi: what to do?
- Built in microphone not working: Windows 10, Mac
- Flashing orange light on HP laptop: WiFi
- Dell Inspiron time of day: not set, clock stopped
- Reset PC to factory settings: Windows 8.1
- Change desktop background: Windows 10, Mac
- How to work from home: effectively, online