Epson Artisan 700 end-of-life-ink-pads error returns after reset

Closed
ponysnpaint Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 20, 2013 - Apr 19, 2013 at 09:40 PM
ponysnpaint Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 20, 2013 - Apr 20, 2013 at 01:03 PM
I got the "ink pads at end of life" error several months ago for my Epson Artisan 700. I removed the ink pads and connected an external reservoir. Reset the printer counter and have printed ever since with no problem. (I had a CISS connected when I bought the printer)

Then today I got another "ink pads at end of life" error. I went on Epson's site to get the free reset key, which works fine. The printer turns back on. But as soon as I try to print, the error message returns and the printer lights blink and won't respond. I've tried 4x resetting with Epson's key, turning computer off and back on, with the same results.

I'd be most grateful for any help on this issue. Thanks!

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 20, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

According to Epson, Ink Pad Reset Utility can be used only after the ink pads

have been replaced. For more information, click on the below hyperlink "Epson"

Epson

Good Luck
ponysnpaint Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 at 01:03 PM
thanks for the info. I read the whole article and could not find the answer I'm looking for. When I attached the external ink container, I completely removed the internal ink pads. Then I used the reset utility and was able to print with no problems for several months. Now suddenly the ink pad error has reappeared. I can use the utility to reset it, but as soon as I try to print something the printer lights flash and it's unresponsive. I'm trying to figure out if there is something I can do to override whatever is making it do that, as there are no ink pads to replace.