Fans work, blank screen,no beeps and usb mouse/keyboard dont wor

Closed
cazplus3 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday April 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 22, 2013 - Apr 22, 2013 at 04:03 AM
cazplus3 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday April 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 22, 2013 - Apr 22, 2013 at 01:38 PM
Hello,

I have a home built computer. It's an ASUS Motherboard P8Z77-V and an Intel Core i7 Processor in a black Venom Tower. I spilled Vodka and Coke and some,not sure how much went inside the tower.
The computer immediately turned off, there was no popping sounds or anything it just shut down. Now the fans come on including the the CPU fan and LED light, the power light comes on but there are no sounds,my usb keyboard and mouse dont light up and nothing goes to the screen. what should I do??

any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 22, 2013 at 01:11 PM
I would probably just buy a new motherboard. But, I see that it's an expensive high end MB. Your problem could be that sugar makes a good conductor of electricity and it could be shorting out the MB. I would start by removing the memory cards and checking them for Coke. While the memory is out, you can start the PC - it should give you the missing memory beeps. You might the try detaching and reattaching all the power connectors to the motherboard.

Good Luck
cazplus3 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday April 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 at 01:38 PM
Thankyou I will try .... I really should grow a pair and tell my ex hubby what ive done as he built it but now I know it was expensive I don't think I dare lol

Thankyou again any help is very much appreciated.