June 19, 2013
-
Registration date
Sunday September 23, 2012
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
-
I purchased my new laptop dell inspiron 5521 two days back when i first plugged the headphones in the jack it was working fine today i plugged in the headphone suddenly headphone plugged out with jerk of my hand then i plugged in again no sound came i think the jack of headphones damaged because headphones are working fine in other devices what i have to do now?

3 replies

Registration date
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
Hi sundas605,

Have you tried any other headsets with this machine? Also, are the internal spearkers working fine?

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
hi, yeah now its working fine i want to ask i am using windows 7 wheni purchased laptop it had only one disc that was local disc c i want to make partition and make three discs how to make it?
Blocked Profile
Be careful.

Click on start
- right click on computer
- click on manage
- click on disk management
right click on partition c:
click shrink volume
when that is done you will have un allocated space
right click on the un allocated space
click create new volume

good luck
Registration date
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
Hi sundas605,

The steps provided by ac3mark are indeed the right steps however please note the following when creating multiple partitions:

1. It is advisable not to delete the "recovery partition".
2. In the factory-installed operating system, "shrinking the volume" can only be done on the C: partition and only one time.
3. Do NOT set the C: partition as active. Doing so will result in the system coming up with BootMGR missing the next time you boot, requiring a reload of the operating system.

Please revert for clarification.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6