Ultra Black Screen of Death

Closed
DrZappleSwag Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday June 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 25, 2013 - Jun 25, 2013 at 03:46 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 25, 2013 at 05:31 PM
Seriously this bugger won't go away. Hello, I'm fresh as a newborn baby in this forum stuff. Probably places this question in the wrong forum too. I'm sure this question has been asked HUNDREDS of times. I know so actually cause I saw several, however I finally decided to make my own question after noticing all the solutions given just don't work. So now. Lets get to it, story time. Yesterday there was a storm and it blew out the power for a few moments. I was stupid and turned the computer on and because the power blew it had to run some repairs. And as boom. As unfortunate as things get, right in the middle of repair power goes out again. I knew my computer had to have been botched. I turned it on again (I know, not smart) And actually booted up to my surprise but when the loading was all done and over with, the screen was bare with a little cursor. Completely black with a movable mouse. Black screen of death. Furthermore none of the solutions I've seen worked. So now ill go over what I have done.
Black Screen:
-Can turn on PC and the Lenovo name pops up. It loads. And them Black with Cursor.
-Ctrl Alt Delete does not work. Black screen stays black and task manager does not show.
-What has worked however is spamming F8. It brings me to a nice list of options that all suck and are broken.
-Now more specifically in the For screen I've tried safe mode; doesn't work. Black screen with a bigger cursor.
-I've tried Clicking on repair computer option. I enter password and all that jazz and finally that option took me to 5 more options. One being repair computer. I did. And then afterwards it does nothing to fix any problem.
-I tried the system restore option. It says there are no restore points.
-I tried Debug mode, safe mode with networking, and any other option that was available to click on.
-THE ONLY THING this rock is currently capable of doing is accessing the command prompt, which tiny opinion is the most frustrating damn option to click on because finding a command it will actually take is half way impossible.

I've tried everything except beat it with a hammer and even that was in process of occurring at one point. Please some amazing advice or anything would be perfect. I'm so pissed at this rock I'm debating on whether or not to water skip with it. Forgive for any mistakes I made creating this forum. I wrote this and made a profile all today is desperation.
Related:

10 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 25, 2013 at 03:55 PM
Greetings,
Let us know the operating system you are using. Also let us know if you are having your Operating System DVD.
Regards
DrZappleSwag Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday June 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 25, 2013
Jun 25, 2013 at 04:00 PM
I would know how to provide my operating system specs if I could use my computer, however this entire issue is keeping me viewing it. How would I go about providing you the best system specs without checking it inside said computer? And no. I do not have the DVD.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 25, 2013 at 04:09 PM
Greetings,
We have just asked you about your Operating System. Whether its Windows Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8. Every time when you switch on your PC you will come across the Windows Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8 logo. Let us know about it.
Regards
DrZappleSwag Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday June 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 25, 2013
Jun 25, 2013 at 04:12 PM
Oh I thought you were asking for system specs. It is Windows 7 and I did find my I installation disc now since I searched. Will I need that?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Jun 25, 2013 at 04:16 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
Yes, you might need your installation DVD. Does the black screen appears after Windows 7 logo?
Good Luck
Jun 25, 2013 at 04:21 PM
Thank you very much. And no. What happens is that ill boot my computer up and it will show the name brand Lenovo and afterwards it will show a loading bar. Then one of of two things happen. It will go straight to the black screen with cursor. Or recently it will go to a page that has words that are in poor resolution to my screen but I can read a few options that say: Start windows normally, or safe mode, safe mode with networking, or safe mode with command prompt. All of them lead to a black screen. But if I spam For right after the Lenovo logo I get an all new set of options.
Jun 25, 2013 at 04:23 PM
Spam F8 I mean.
Jun 25, 2013 at 04:31 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
Does the Windows 7 logo appears after the lenovo?
Good Luck
Jun 25, 2013 at 04:34 PM
No. No windows 7 logo at all. Just a loading screen that says Microsoft corporation after Lenovo then boom black screen. And thank you so much for helping me with this!
Jun 25, 2013 at 04:36 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Perform the Startup Repair using your Windows 7 DVD.

1) Place the Windows 7 disc in the drive and boot from it.

When "Press any key to boot from the Windows 7 installation DVD" appears,

press any key to start booting from installation disc.

Note: If you failed to boot from the installation disc then make sure first boot

device is set as CD\DVD Drive.

2) When the language preference appears, click on Next.

3) When "Install Now" appears --> Click on "Repair your computer" found at the

bottom.

4) Click on "Next" --> Select the option "Use recovery tools that can fix problems

starting Windows" and click on "Next" --> When "System Recovery Options"

appear --> Select the option "Startup Repair".

Good Luck.
Jun 25, 2013 at 04:47 PM
I tried putting in the disc and booting from it, however, my computer didn't even acknowledged it was there. It proceeded to black screen after The Lenovo logo. There wasn't any I installation option with the disc being in.
Jun 25, 2013 at 04:52 PM
Wait a second. I realized for a lot of people the Ctrl Salt Delete method helped them. However I never see the task bar when I Ctrl Alt Delete. But I think I know why. The resolution of the screen every time options are displayed on screen are all jank. The picture is way too zoomed in for me to see most of the words. I just get an idea on what they say. That leads me to believe that maybe the reason why I can't see the task manager after I ctrl alt Delete is because the resolution is way to far zoomed for me to see it!! I know this must be it, how could I fix this resolution issue to possibly bypass and actually view the task manager?
Jun 25, 2013 at 05:31 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
Task Manager will not be opened all the time. If there is a problem with explorer.exe file then we can open the task manager and start the explorer.exe process. You can open the task manager even in 800X600 resolution. But if there is problem in booting itself then you need to perform the startup repair.
In case if you have changed the screen resolution before the issue had started then try the below given option in "Windows Advanced Options"
Select the option "Enable low-resolution video".

Regarding failing to boot from the DVD, make sure that the first boot device is set to your DVD drive. When you switch on your laptop, keep tapping F12 key. When boot device menu appears, select your DVD-drive as first boot device.
Good Luck