Dell laptop 3521 i3 ultrabook screen startup problem please help

Closed
aimal_khan Posts 3 Registration date Thursday June 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 3, 2013 - Jun 28, 2013 at 06:51 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jul 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Hello, hope u all be fine . :)

i just bought a dell laptop 3521 i3 about 2 weeks ago.... and today it is giving me a problem.. when I press the power button the power indicator of the laptop turns on but the screen remains blank and black .. and the speaker give a strange sound like (tuk tuk) not constantly but periodicaly.. then when I hold the power button the laptop turn of and then when I again press the button the laptop turns on normally... I dont know what is this all goin on what is this problem .. just bought it only used it for 2 weeks ... n used it only for web browsing....
please help me with this I ll b really greatful . . .
regards.

Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 28, 2013 at 07:45 AM
Hi aimal_khan,

Please try to isolate where this sound is coming from. Check if there is any media in the Optical Drive. Also, ensure all the external peripherals including any pen drive(s) are disconnected.

If the above step doesn't work, please remove the AC Adapter and Battery then press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds to release any "flea power" stored in the computer. Power on the computer and check if it works normally.

Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
aimal_khan Posts 3 Registration date Thursday June 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 3, 2013
Jun 29, 2013 at 06:03 AM
thanks Zohaib R for your reply.
the sound is coming from the speakers.
i tried what you advised me to do but the problem still persist.
still when I press the power button , the power light turns on and I checkd the dvd drive its working means power is cuming to it.. but nothing on screen and that same sound . and then I press and hold the power
it turn of again and when I repeat 2 3 times then it turns on normally.
please help me with this...
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 30, 2013 at 08:19 AM
Hi aimal_khan,

I request you to private message me the service tag of the system, registered owners name, address, and primary/alternate contact numbers.

To private message, click my user name Zohaib R and click "Write a message".

I would do my best to assist you further.

Awaiting your response!

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
aimal_khan Posts 3 Registration date Thursday June 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 3, 2013
Jul 3, 2013 at 05:36 AM
thankx very much for you kind help Zohaib R .. I went to the provider from were I bought the laptop. . so they helped me to change the device .. they provided me a new laptop of the same modl.. problm solvd . . very very thankful to u thankx.
Jul 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Hi aimal_khan,

I am glad to know the problem is solved now. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.