Printer sharing

Closed
segtagal Posts 2 Registration date Thursday July 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2013 - Jul 18, 2013 at 09:04 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jul 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Hello,
I've been working on this for days. I have 3 computers sharing the internet through a belkin N600. The first is an HP desktop using windows 7, this computer is linked directly to the router via cat 5 cable, the second is an Acer notebook running windows XP ,this one is obviously a laptop with a wireless connection, the third is a Dell desktop running windows Vista ,this computer is linked to the router via a Linksis wireless adapter pluged into one of the USB ports on the computer, this computer is also the one that has the printer.
The computers running windows 7 and XP communicate with each other as far as I can tell, they show up on one another (network lists) . the Vista on the other hand doesn't seem to share anything except the internet connection.
All I want is to be able to print things from the XP and the 7 computers to the printer connected to the computer running Vista . please help
Related:

3 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 19, 2013 at 05:43 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Click on the below hyperlink "Sharing". You can find a basic information regarding

sharing files and printer in Windows Vista.

Sharing

Good Luck
segtagal Posts 2 Registration date Thursday July 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 at 04:36 PM
thanks for the link , however my vista won't show up on any of my network lists(on my windows 7 and my xp)
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Hi segtagal,

Is your Dell Desktop able to detect Windows 7 and Windows XP PCs? If yes, please follow the steps mentioned in the below hyperlink and establish network between the three computers:

Networking home computers running different versions of Windows

If the Windows Vista PC Doesn't detect other computers, please install the wireless adapter drivers and then try. In your reply, please add the exact System Model Numbers of your Computers and Printer.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6