Windows Media Player is the world's most popular media playing program. It lets users participate in network sharing among other things. However, if it is not required, you can disable the Windows Media Player Network Sharing feature. We will show you how to do so in this article.
How to disable Windows Media Player network sharing?
- Click on Start > type "services.msc" in the search field and press Enter.
- In the "Services" window, look for the following entry:
- Windows Media Player Network Sharing Services
- Double click and set the "Startup type" as "Disabled"
- Click on OK to validate.
This service is only required for Homegroup sharing and can be safely disabled!
- Windows media player network sharing service
- Windows media player sharing
- Windows media player sharing disable
- Windows media player 12 > Download - Audio playback
- Msi app player > Download - Android emulators
- Adobe flash player free download > Download - Other
- Network card > Guide
- Cannot ping computer on same network > Guide