How to disable network sharing on Windows Media Player?
Windows Media Player is the world's most popular media playing program. It lets users participate in network sharing among other things. However, if it is not required, you can disable the Windows Media Player Network Sharing feature. We will show you how to do so in this article.
How to disable Windows Media Player network sharing?
- Click on Start > type "services.msc" in the search field and press Enter.
- In the "Services" window, look for the following entry:
- Windows Media Player Network Sharing Services
- Double click and set the "Startup type" as "Disabled"
- Click on OK to validate.
This service is only required for Homegroup sharing and can be safely disabled!
Note: If you don't have Windows Media Player, you can easily download it here for Windows computers, and here for Mac computers.
Do you need more help with Windows Media Player? Check out our forum!
Around the same subject
- Windows media player network sharing service
- Windows media player sharing
- Disable windows media player network sharing service
- Windows media player 12 > Download - Audio playback
- Msi app player > Download - Android emulators
- Flash player download > Download - Other
- Network card > Guide
- Windows media player chromecast > Guide