Dual Monitor 2nd Screen Black

Closed
Jestar723 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2013 - Nov 6, 2013 at 02:50 PM
Jestar723 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2013 - Nov 6, 2013 at 05:14 PM
Goodafternoon everyone,

Ive searched and searched for an answer but to no avail. I had been using my HDTV as a secondary screen for once in a while movie watching with no problems. I have a HP Pavilion dv6 notebook computer. Today, I plugged my HDTV into my laptop via HDMI and i realized that the screen flashes and goes black. I tried to use as extended monitor as well as updating drivers, with no luck. The screen resolutions are the default resolutions I have been using from previously successful times using my HDTV. Does anyone have any suggestions or am I out of luck with this?
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Nov 6, 2013 at 05:03 PM
Hang in there.

With HDMI, you can try to change the order in which the devices are booting up. So, if your tv is on when the PC boots up, try booting the pc first, or vice versa.

Also, something to remember, HDMI is not a standard. So, not all HDMI products have to play in the sand box with the same rules.

Post back.
Jestar723 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2013
Nov 6, 2013 at 05:14 PM
No luck with that,

Here is what i did:
I turned on the extend option, turned off the TV, turned off notebook, then restarted notebook and waited for it to completely boot and log in, turned TV on and extend was still on, no luck.

I also tried rebooting with the TV on with no luck.

Like I said, I have used this exact TV before with no problems. Out of nowhere just started not working. I tried another TV in my house as well, and the same thing happens.