There is a Virus on My Flash Drive. Shortcut Virus

Closed
KMharie Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday November 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 19, 2013 - Nov 19, 2013 at 05:33 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Nov 19, 2013 at 05:59 AM
Hello,
I have a Problem with my USB. Every time I open it, all my files turn into shortcut. And when I click it, it goes through Windows Command Prompt. I tried to buy another USB, but then again, It happened. I would like to know if the problem is on my Computer or my USB. And please then me how can I fix it. Pleassssseeeeee. =(((
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Nov 19, 2013 at 05:59 AM
This type issue could be caused by a USB virus. It will spread to all of your USB memory devices and hard disk.

Here is a tool to remove the virus and vaccinate your USB against further viruses.

Download UsbFix (created by El Desaparecido) on your desktop.

http://ccm.net/download/download-24089-usbfix

If your antivirus gives an alert, ignore it and temporarily deactivate the antivirus.
Plug in your usb devices (Flash drive, pen drive. External HD etc...) don't open them.
Double click sur UsbFix.exe.

Click on deletion
Let the tool work.

Ambucias
Moderator/virus security contributor

At the end of the scan a report will show which you can copy and paste here..

The report is save at the root ( C:\UsbFix.txt ).

You can also vaccinate against any virus.