This article will provide you with instructions on how to switch between registered languages using a keyboard shortcut on Windows and Mac computers.
How to change your keyboard layout via a shortcut on Windows?
After you enable the keyboard layout for two or more languages on a Windows operating system, you can either use the Language bar or a keyboard shortcut to switch between languages that use different keyboard layouts.
By default, the Language bar appears in the taskbar along the bottom of a Windows screen upon registration of two or more keyboard layouts. The Language bar will not be shown if only one language is registered or if a user has elected to hide it. To switch keyboard layouts using the Language bar, click on the language abbreviation on the screen. ("French," for example, is abbreviated as "FR," while "English" appears as "EN.") A menu of registered keyboards will appear. Simply select the desired language to change keyboard layouts.
If you'd like to make this process even easier, you can also just press the [ALT] + [Shift] keys simultaneously to toggle between keyboard layouts.
How to change your keyboard layout via a shortcut on Mac?
To switch between languages on Mac, press the Fn (globe) button, and it will suggest you to choose one of the preset languages. Then, the list will disappear automatically. On earlier Mac operating systems (macOS Catalina 10.15 or macOS Mojave 10.14) press Control – Space to change the language.
- Change keyboard language shortcut
- How to Use KMPLayer
- How to Change Keyboard Language on an Acer Laptop
- Disable foreign keyboard: on Windows, Mac, Chromebook > Guide
- How To Change Language Settings on LG Smart TV
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region > Guide
- Insert a tilde sign: on Mac, Windows
- Type an underscore sign: Android, Windows, Mac, iPhone
- How to insert brackets and curly braces on Mac keyboard?
- How to type the pipe character on Mac?
- Enable the on-screen keyboard: on Ubuntu, Mac, Windows, Android
- Type the π (pi) sign: in Excel, on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- QWERTY vs AZERTY keyboards: change layout, quickly switch
- Fix laptop keys: CTRL, Fn, Num Pad
- Type 'E' with an acute accent: on Mac, Windows, in Word
- Fix reversed Caps Lock key: on Windows, Mac
- A key types the wrong sign: how to fix?
- Shift key not working correctly: on Windows or Mac
- How to fix your keyboard typing numbers instead of letters?
- Fix keyboard using shortcuts: Windows 10/8/7
- Keyboard won't type letters or numbers: wireless, laptop
- Write the At symbol (@) on laptop keyboard: Windows and Mac