Compare and return the oldest date

Closed
McEgirl-J Posts 1 Registration date Saturday February 8, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 8, 2014 - Feb 8, 2014 at 12:24 PM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Feb 10, 2014 at 11:48 AM
I have a shared workbook comprised of a full report sheet and sheets for individual employees that is being used as a weekly report. Employees enter their weekly totals on their individual sheet, providing:

1. Total pending
2. Total new
3. Total completed
4. Total remaining
5. The date of the oldest work remaining

Each sheet is identical (rows and columns representing each company division and the type of work to be processed), but tailored (by hiding unneeded rows) to the individual processing the work.

The workbook calculates the totals across all of the sheets, and displays the results in the full report sheet; however, I don't know how to compare the dates in the date field across all the individual tabs, and then have only the oldest date displayed in the corresponding cells in the report worksheet. I am currently checking each sheet, then manually entering the dates into the full report sheet. I'm hoping there is an easier way?

If anyone has a (relatively) quick and easy solution, I'd surely appreciate the help. Thanks!
Related:

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Feb 10, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Hi McEgirl-J,

The formula MAX will pick the highest value (or date) within a given range.

Give it a try.

Best regards,
Trowa