Data comparison

Closed
Foresterdon Posts 5 Registration date Thursday February 27, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 27, 2014 - Feb 27, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 27, 2014 at 06:41 PM
I have a database compiled in my office of current students in a college program for a particular semester AND a database from administration with the same information in the first 3 columns.

I need a way to compare the two and have the like information from the Administrations database appear in the in-house database in the same row beginning adjacent to the existing row of information.

Can that be done with formulas or do i need vba? Either way i can do it if i know where to start.

Comparison is easy, the alignment of like data on the same row is where i am baffled!

2 responses

Foresterdon Posts 5 Registration date Thursday February 27, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 27, 2014
Feb 27, 2014 at 12:04 PM
There is a discrepency between the two database and i would like to move data in columns 4-6 that match columns 1-3 to the same line of the matched data.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Feb 27, 2014 at 06:41 PM
You are asking for a lot of help and yet...

You have not considered that Kioskea is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to correspond showing mutual respect. Therefore, when requesting assistance, to be courteous and to use polite expressions, as for elsewhere in similar circumstances. (i.e.please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc.)

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

Please, copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.