Facebook has created a data download function so you can download your posts, favorite photos and videos, messages, and even memorable comments. In this article, you will learn how to download your data from Facebook.
How to download data using the desktop version?
To access and download your Facebook data from your computer, go to the Facebook website. Next, log in and click on the small downward-pointing triangle in the upper-right corner of the screen. In the menu that opens, select Settings & Privacy.
From there, select Settings.
Next, click Your Facebook Information from the left menu.
Now choose the Download your information tab.
Once this is done, you will be able to select the time period, format, and media quality of your data. Confirm by selecting Update.
You also have the option to choose the type of information you'd like to download. To do this, check/clear the boxes below, according to your preferences.
When you finish the settings, scroll back up and click Create File. Depending on the amount of data, you may have to wait for several minutes for the archive to be created. When it’s ready for download, you will be notified by Facebook.
Click Download to save the data file.
How to download data using the mobile app?
To download your data from your Android, iPhone, or another mobile device, open the Facebook for Android / for iPhone app and tap on the three horizontal lines in the bottom-right corner of the screen to open the menu. Scroll down to Settings & Support, click on the downwards arrow, and select Settings. Next, go to Your Facebook Information section and choose Download your information tab.
Now you can choose which categories you wish to download: posts, photos, videos, comments, likes, friends, messages and much more. Choose the selected categories by checking their boxes. Next, choose the format in which you’d like to download the archive (HTML or JSON) and media quality, tap Create File.
You might need to wait for several minutes for the copy to be complete, the Facebook app will notify you when it is ready to download.
Can't log into Facebook says that my password is wrong [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I am unable to log into my Facebook. It says that my password is wrong. I have tried resetting it many times and it never sends me the emai...
I can't open my Facebook profile [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I can log on I can see all the other features on my page but when I try to open my profile it says that it has an Error and that they are tryin...
Facebook Home page won't load [Solved/Closed]
I've seen other messags like mine, but I haven't been able to solve this problem... I have a desktop Emachines computer, and I'm using Windows XP. ...
I need the facebook in english [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I need the facebook in english. I went through the system given advices as well. But the problem is as I typ www.facebook.com, everything is ...
Not getting Facebook confirmation email [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I made my account on Yahoo mail as well as on Facebook, but I have not received the confirmation email in which the confirmation link is giv...
cannot connect to my facebook page [Solved/Closed]
Hello, Whenever I try to log onto my facebook page it doesnt work! After filling out my email and password, and press login, I always get an error me...
Facebook login in english [Solved]
Hello, i am based in the united arab emirates. when I go to the facebook login page it always shows the arabic version.i cannot read a word. how do ...
I can't access my facebook profile [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I can't get into my facebook profile for the past few hour and this is making go CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY!!!!
Problem with confirmation code at Facebook [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I can't find the confirmation mail to get my code for log in at Facebook. System Configuration: Windows XP Internet
Facebook confirmation code [Solved/Closed]
Hello, what is my confirmation code?Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0
- Download tiktok data after ban
- How to Link your PlayStation 4 to Facebook and Twitter
- Download and Install Apps onto BlackBerry 8520 Curve
- Facebook messenger nokia 215 request time out [solved] > Forum - Network
- View FB photos without logging in [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- Turn off Messenger chat heads: on iPhone and Android
- How to pin contacts on Facebook Messenger
- How to download Facebook videos
- Change the Facebook video quality settings
- Facebook group disabled: what to do?
- Send attachments: in Messenger and on Facebook
- How to connect to Facebook without entering your password
- How to turn off autoplay on Facebook
- Nearby Friends on Facebook: iPhone and Android app
- Send voice messages on Messenger: for iPhone and Android
- Download audio from Messenger: on PC and mobile
- How to turn off the auto refresh on the Facebook app
- How to turn off private messages on your Facebook page
- How to insert special characters into a Facebook post
- How to delete Facebook browsing history on Android
- What is Vanish mode on Messenger?
- How to use Messenger without a Facebook account
- Recover a blocked Facebook account due to birth date change
- How to auto-save photos in Facebook Messenger
- Block someone on Facebook Messenger: iPhone and Android
- How to turn off notifications on Facebook Messenger
- How to recover a Facebook account
- Appear offline on Facebook Messenger: iPhone, Android
- Primary Facebook email: change, add, and remove it
- Facebook account review: how long does it take?
- Facebook confirmation code not received: what to do
- How to recover a disabled or locked Facebook account