Keyboard is going backwards when typing [Closed]

Registration date
Monday March 24, 2014
Status
Last seen
March 24, 2014
-
 Blocked Profile -
We had a new hard drive installed on a laptop and now it is impossible to type a sentence because the cursor keeps jumping backwards and retyping over and in the middle of what has been already typed. It is about to drive me crazy! Help?

3 replies

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 27, 2020
it's a circuit problem common to laptops which only a qualified technician can look into.

I suspect that the technician who installed the HD touched something he should not have touched, or perhaps dropped mustard or ketchup in it.

Sorry but it should go back:
Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
Was a new copy of Windows installed on the new hard drive?
If so. The mouse pad driver may not have been installed. I suggest you go to the manufacturer's support web site and download the driver.

Do you have an option in the "Control Panel" to adjust sensitivity of the mouse pad? It's possible that the pad is sensing your hands while your typing. It may also be possible to disable the mouse pad and use an external mouse.

Good Luck
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 27, 2020
xpcman, do you mean that you are disregarding my ketchup or mustard drop theory?
Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
Most likely soy sauce contamination.

I can help with one problem.

Press the "Insert" key on your keyboard. This will prevent it from overwriting your text.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!