Internet Explorer 11 download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Internet Explorer 11 is the final version of Microsoft's famous Internet Explorer web browser. Over the years, it was smoothly replaced by Microsoft Edge, but it still provides a browsing environment you may miss. So keep reading to learn more details about IE11 and its features.
What is Internet Explorer 11?
Internet Explorer 11 (also called IE11) is the final version of the no longer maintained Internet Explorer web browser created and owned by Microsoft. IE11 features the main tools you would expect from a modern web browser and provides a simple and easy-to-use environment.
What are the key features of Internet Explorer 11?
- Interface: IE11 features a minimalistic but well-designed interface so you can easily search and browse the web in a cool environment.
- Windows and tabs management: You can manage up to 100 tabs in each window, pin the ones you like, and IE11 will ensure it keeps running smoothly. Moreover, you can also manage your windows to view them all simultaneously.
- Favorites: You can add any pages to your favorites and get quick access to them whenever you want. Additionally, you will be able to organize your favorites in folders to keep everything organized.
- Optimized: Using the SPDY protocol designed by Google, IE11 can load pages way faster than before.
- Web Slices: Web Slices allow you to keep track of changes and updates of the pages you selected so that you will always be notified when the content you care about changes.
- Privacy: You can go online and quickly manage which website can track you as IE11 will always ask you if websites should be added to the Do Not Track exceptions. Moreover, thanks to the Enhanced Protected Mode, IE11 will further restrict and deny potential attackers access to personal information.
- Add-ons: It gives you direct access to various online services by right-clicking anywhere on the web page or highlighting text. For example, you can perform a search using the words you highlighted.
- Touchscreen: Browse the internet using only your fingers thanks to the built-in touchscreen support.
- WebGL technology: Internet Explorer 11 supports WebGL, an open standard that dramatically improves 3D graphics in web browsers.
How to use Internet Explorer 11?
- Once you launch Internet Explorer 11, you can start browsing the web by entering the URL or keywords you want in the search bar.
- If you want to see your favorite bar, press and hold (or right-click) any space in the area above the address bar. From the context menu, select the Favorites bar.
- To add a page to your favorites, just select the star in the upper right corner of the page.
How to install Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10?
Internet Explorer 11 may be already installed on your computer, but you can follow these steps if you can't find it.
- Click on Start (the Windows icon on the taskbar), type Internet Explorer in Search, and select Internet Explorer from the results.
- In case you can't find Internet Explorer, you will need to add it as a feature:
- Select Start > Search, and enter Windows features.
- Then, select Turn Windows features on or off on the left panel, ensure the box next to Internet Explorer 11 is selected, and click OK.
- Then, make sure your OS is up-to-date. Click on Start, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. Search for updates and install them.
- Finally, restart your device.
Is it free?
Yes, Internet Explorer 11 is entirely free to use.
Is it safe?
Internet Explorer 11 is no longer maintained by Microsoft and security breaches were discovered in the past. For example, a vulnerability was found in 2019 about MHT files, and people could execute malicious code to steal material from the computers remotely. As a result, Microsoft recommends switching to Edge as it provides enhanced features and a more secure environment.
- Internet explorer 10 for windows 10
- Internet explorer 10 download
- Internet explorer 11 download
- Internet explorer 10 for windows 8 > Guide
- Internet Explorer 9 for Windows XP [solved] > Forum - Windows XP
- Change temporary files folder location: Internet Explorer > Guide
- Microsoft Windows 11: release date, download, beta, update > Guide
- IE 8 cannot access any internet web pages [solved] > Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- Google Chrome
- Opera Mini
- Torch Browser
- Opera GX
- Mozilla Firefox
- UC Browser
- Google Hacks
- Flock Browser
- Tor Browser
- Respondus LockDown Browser
- Opera Mobile Emulator
- MSN Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Skyfire Browser
- Opera Touch
- Crazy Browser
- BlackHawk Web Browser
- Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
- Free browser SpX
- Gate Browser
- Tab Suspender
- Google App