HDMI and VGA screen (Problem)

Closed
Skyglass27 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday March 25, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2014 - Mar 25, 2014 at 03:25 PM
 Blocked Profile - Mar 25, 2014 at 06:09 PM
Hello,

I used to have a dual screen with a Sony TV as main screen and a VGA monitor as the second screen.

Dont know why, i tried to lower the resolution to the TV (which was at maximum) and so, both monitors went black.

If i take the hdmi calbe off, none of them start again, but if i remove the hdmi cable when the pc is turned off, then the VGA monitor works properly as a main screen. But if i plug the HDMI again, both turn black again. When i turn it on with both cables, the windows logo apears in the VGA monitor (as usually) and then they turn black.

Then I tried to reboot in safemode, but it only recognises the VGA monitor (which is the one were the Asus sign pop up, and the windows logo) If i plug the hdmi cable nothing happens in safe mode

Please Help!
Related:

5 responses

Blocked Profile
Mar 25, 2014 at 03:35 PM
Hello,

have you changed the resolution to a range that the TV cannot handle?

Are you able to change the resolution to what it used to be before you screwed it up?
Skyglass27 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday March 25, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2014
Mar 25, 2014 at 03:39 PM
Yes i changed to a resolution that the TV cannot handle, and no, i cant change it back since both screens turn black when i plug the tv.
Blocked Profile
Mar 25, 2014 at 03:42 PM
If you just boot up with VGA and then later plug in the HDMI are you able to press "detect monitors" from graphics properties and change there?

If not, turn off your computer. Turn it back on and keep pressing F8 until you get the advanced boot menu. From there select "Enable low-resolution video....". This should allow you to get in to Windows to change resolution.
Skyglass27 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday March 25, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2014
Mar 25, 2014 at 05:59 PM
How do i enable losw-resolution video from UEFI BIOS

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Blocked Profile
Mar 25, 2014 at 06:09 PM
When you're at the advanced boot menu do you see something in there for display?