HDMI Plays In Test Mode But Not In Streaming Mode

Closed
tazmo8448 Posts 1 Registration date Monday April 28, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2014 - Apr 28, 2014 at 11:18 PM
 tazmo - Apr 29, 2014 at 03:16 PM
Installed an Nvidia gfx for a friend so he could stream of the internet to his HDTV and noticed that the sound was missing but checking the sound settings it played sounds when in TEST mode in properties.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Apr 29, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Ok, HDMI IS NOT A STANDARD, so what that means is all HDMI devices DO NOT have to play well.

One thing that you can try, is to Hook it up to tv, power on tv, then power on computer. Try that!
Yeah did that and reboots and what not; I haven't gone back over there since we were pressed for time but am leaning towards just making the HDMI connection the default device and default communication device and toggling off the pc speakers. I was hoping to have both hooked up and producing sound like it does on my rig. I have my speakers as default device and the HDMI as default communication device with no issues but I also have an AMD gfx and his is Nvidia and that may be the rub.