HUH ....... where's the audio

Closed
Lnb804 Posts 2 Registration date Friday May 9, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 9, 2014 - May 9, 2014 at 07:49 PM
Lnb804 Posts 2 Registration date Friday May 9, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 9, 2014 - May 9, 2014 at 09:42 PM
I have an HP h8-1330z with Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit Service Pack 1.

I went on vacation for 15 days and came home to NO audio. I checked my audio devices and everything is enabled and working. I check all plugs and wires everything is fine. The speakers are working I can hear a the change when it is turned on and off. All systems that need to be enabled are.

I rebooted the system and that did nothing. Now what?

Yes, I am AARP age and ok with tech stuff but far from fluent in techie language. HELP!!!!!
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
May 9, 2014 at 08:04 PM
Hello,

welcome to the forum.

In the bottom right corner near your clock, can you see the audio icon?

is it filled in white? is it set to 100%?

When you move the slider of the volume bar you should hear a sound.

can you try that and let me know.

also, when you turn on your laptop, does it make the windows login noise?
Lnb804 Posts 2 Registration date Friday May 9, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 9, 2014
May 9, 2014 at 09:42 PM
Hi!

The audio icon is white and @ 100%. No sound at all when I move the slider. I do get a sound when I turn the speakers on/off (it has a hardware switch/volume control) cheapy basic ........ so I would suppose the speakers work.

It is a PC and not a laptop. I'm just old fashion that way. When I rebooted the system there was no sound, no windows login noise.

It also did not display the "no audio device found" message.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!