My flash drive cannot be Formatted

Closed
kawashima kudo - Apr 30, 2014 at 01:42 AM
vasudev.govindan Posts 22 Registration date Tuesday October 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 5, 2014 - May 1, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Hello,

Eveytime I insert my flash drive into my laptop, it says it needs to be formatted. I click the format button on the properties, it says Windows cannot complete the fomat. I tried the "disk management" but it doesnt also work (formatting did not complete successfully. Also tried the cmd thing, it says the disk is raw (I have no idea what it means).

Though, my laptop reads my flash drive consistently, but everytime I look into its properties, my flash drive has 0 bytes (used and free) BUT when I tried the disk management, my flash drive has 14Gb free. It's confusing.

I don't know what to do. It's the only flash drive I have and I cannot afford to buy a new one. (student) It's a 16GB Kingston flash drive. Can someone please help me? Thank you so much and God Bless!
Related:

1 response

vasudev.govindan Posts 22 Registration date Tuesday October 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 5, 2014
May 1, 2014 at 10:17 AM
The problem may be of the root of the flash drive. To correct this you may have to use a third party application for low-level format. I prefer HDD Low Level Format Tool. Download HDD Low Level Format Tool from the link : http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-Low-Level-Format-Tool/HDDLLF.4.40.exe Use this software to format your flash drive. After formatting using this software go to my computer and quick format the flash drive with FAT32.

See if this solves your problem.

Regards,

Vasudev