Use Conditional Formatting To Copy Entire Rows

Closed
beecohen Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday May 28, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 28, 2014 - May 28, 2014 at 11:37 AM
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 - May 29, 2014 at 06:15 AM
Hello,

My name is Brandon I'm new to the forum and am thrilled to have found a community that specializes in excel. The current issue I'm having is I'm looking to copy entire rows containing a specific keyword (in this case - emergency). I have attached a screenshot so you can see what I'm referring to. I think I might be "finding" these values in such a way where it's not allowing me to copy full rows.

I cannot select whole rows at a time using my current method. The way I'm currently "finding" is Ctrl + F, and then I select find all, select the whole list, close out of there
and then using an excel add on "kutools" to copy ranges.

When it functions properly I'm able to copy and paste the multiple ranges into a new cell, however it's just copying the keyword that I searched not the rest of the data in the row which is what I need of course. I have learned a little about conditional formatting from the forum but it seems based on what I'm reading it might be the way to achieve what it is I'm looking to accomplish. I appreciate your help in advance

Thank you,

Brandon

1 response

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
May 29, 2014 at 06:15 AM
screen shot will not help me in transferring your data to my excel sheet and try manipulate.suggest:

autofilter according to field number and criteria beig "emergencey" and copy filtered data to anywhere you like.

try thls. if necessary RECORD macro.