Brother mfc9700

Closed
strlngsilver - Mar 7, 2009 at 03:19 PM
 vandamme - Apr 12, 2010 at 08:48 AM
Hello,
i have a brother mfc 9700 and i cant get my computer to read it.. I just updated to windows 7 and can't seem to find a driver that will work with my printer and the new windows.. can you help?

4 responses

I have the same problem but with the MFC-490CW. It won't install under windows 7. USB works but not wifi.
Same problem. I bought a new laptop with w 7 and the mfc 9700 wouldn't work. So I bought an HP 6500 for about $100.00. It works fine. Even my HP 847c works with w 7 64 bit. I downloaded from the Brother site software for win 7 that was listed as driver for mfc 9700. All I got was their management software, no driver. I called and they said the MFC 9700 is not supported for win 7 and they don't plan to support it.
what worked for me with my MFC 5440CN was to use "Add a Printer" in "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers", "Add a Network, Wireless or ... Printer...", skip the scanning and directly input to add a printer using the IP, once asked to choose the driver, I choose the "Windows Update" option, and after waiting 15 minutes or so, the list was loaded and their was a "Brother MFC-5440CN USB" driver their, I took a chance and used it since their was no network driver, and it worked !

the only thing I'm now working through is the scanner...

hopes this helps ;)
I have a Brother MFC-4350 I'm trying to get to work on a new Vista 64 bit machine. I have a USB to parallel adapter, but Brother no longer supports the MFC-4350. One thought I had is upgrade to Windows 7, then try their XP virtual machine emulator (free download). My current workaround is to use the old XP machine as a print server. According to Micro$oft the MFC-4350 is 64 bit compatible but as usual they lie.

When I go to buy another printer, Brother will NOT be on the short list!
The XP emulator is NOT free with win & home, you have to buy the ultimate. Phooey on them, I'm dual booting Ubuntu now and guess which OS I like better. In the future all my hardware (and software) will have Linux compatibility or I don't buy it.
Suryanarayana
Apr 3, 2010 at 07:25 PM
I have the same problem