Is there achipset famialy compaterble with window XP and window7

Closed
Dekook Posts 1 Registration date Monday April 7, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 20, 2014 - Jun 20, 2014 at 06:02 PM
johnebadbak74 Posts 95 Registration date Monday May 19, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 14, 2015 - Jun 21, 2014 at 11:36 PM
hello,I have a packard bell,pen4,service pack 3 PC running on Windows XP,and my graphic hardware is a Intel(R)82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset,Intel Corporation Compatible.And has a Intel (R)82915/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family Driver Installed.
I thought it was time for an up-grade now that XP has ended,so i wanted to try and up-grade to window 7,32 bit as this is what is compatible with my PC,I then downloaded window 7 Upgrade advisor,and it stated that everything was compatible ACCEPT for ONE THING ,The currant Graphic adapter doesn't support windows Aero user interface and that is that i do not have a compatible Graphic Adapter/chipset family/Driver,because of this it would not be able to benefit from the interface.Does this mean that the driver would be compatible but i could not use Aero user interface,Can anyone HELP PLEASE,as i am really stuck and i don't know what to do,Will the Graphic hardware run ok,Is there another Graphic Adapter that will run with the Graphic Hardware.What other driver would be compatible with my PC for window 7,Do i have to replace the Graphic Hardware with hardware that's compatible with window 7 or do i leave the hardware alone and just change the Graphic Adapter/chipset family driver if so, what with,,,,???,any surges-tunes would be gratefully received or any answers on how to solve the problem directly.IE...link with driver that's to be installed or any other information i might need to know would be fantastic,thank you for taking the time to read this.
Related:

1 response

johnebadbak74 Posts 95 Registration date Monday May 19, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 14, 2015 14
Jun 21, 2014 at 11:36 PM
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/...

there is no chip set driver available for win7 according to the link above.

if you have a tower pc then you could install a graphics card that will handle win7

but old pentium4 pc's may not be able to get a new graphics card as these are all different slots for the new types. you may get a good s/hand one off ebay

check your manual for the correct type..

I run pentium4 tried win7 no notable improvement over xp

Win7 works well with the dual and quad processors